Are you interested in starting your own mentoring program through a faith-based organization, school, or non-profit?
Review National Standards for starting a Mentoring Program: http://www.mentoring.org/program-resources/elements-of-effective-practice-for-mentoring/
- Apply to be a registered entity with FDLE (through their VECHS program)
- FDLE/VECHS website
- Phone number – (850) 410-8324
- This gives you permission to get results from fingerprint scans
- Keep approval letter filed safely and follow all standards set by the FDLE and FBI.
- Attend a VECHS criminal history screening class at JCC
- Keep safe and locked records on all mentors who have been screened in files
- Complete a National Sex Offenders Search on your mentors annually